Monday, October 18, 2010

The Red Garden @ Leith Street

Had a try at this Red-Garden at Leith Street, recommendation by my aunt. The ambience was quite nice there, it has many different style of dishes. There are Japanese style, Western style, Philipino, Seafood, Chinese local food and lots more.
My mum & aunt chose the Japanese dish ‘ Saba Fish Rice Set’, it comes with the Jap style soup..It was quite good..My Aunt likes it..


My dad tried the Frog Porridge, the content of the frog meat was not much, maybe it’s a bit expensive, that’s why...However, it was kinda of too big portion for 1 pax. Would recommend to order 1 Claypot of the porridge for 2 pax at least.


I had the Filipino Style..opps cannot remember the name of the dish…the pork was a bit hard for me..would recommend to order chicken for the same sauce. The spaghetti has the elasticity, it’s not too hard nor soft..And the salad was indifferent from others, it has the breadcrumbs on it..


My 2 cousins had the Western Dishes, he ordered the Black Pepper Fish. It came with a plate of salad before the main meal came. The Dory Fish meat was tender. Quite nice & worth the price..


The Fried Oyster was OK.


We did ordered Loh Bak as well. When the seller came with the Loh Bak, he said to us ‘ My specialty Chili sauce sure delicious, if not nice you may return to me’. Wow! Haven’t met such a confident foodstall owner..However, when we all tried the Loh Bak & had a dip on the chili sauce..It was indeed special & a nice combination though. A bit spicy & it has sesame in the chili. You should try it..
They even have a website :
Address: No. 20, Leith Street, 10000 Penang, Malaysia