Tuesday, August 18, 2009

KhunTai@Permatang Tengah,Butterworth



I would highly recommend you all to go try out the delicious Thai food here at Permatang Tengah, Butterworth…this is my second time there…
I heard that the response was really good & the business has expanded, the boss bought the raw land & extended the restaurant. And it has spacious car park too.
It was raining heavily when we arrived, the restaurant worker offered umbrella to us, this is an extra credit that customer would give.
We ordered Seafood Tomyam, Otak-otak, Jelly Noodle with Crab, Steam Fish with Thai sytle, Kangkung with belacan, Deep Fried Squid.

The tomyam has just the right taste, it’s hot, spicy & sour..Yum yum..and next is the Jelly Noodle, the pepper and the sauce absorbed thoroughly in the jelly noodle, I just love it plus the fresh steam crab which I believe it’s cooked together with the jelly noodle; it has the aroma of the pepper & the sauce as well. Never forget to order the Steam Fish; it’s a must dish you must order if you go there, it’s really fresh, this time we order the Thai style sauce which is very sour & a bit spicy...
The coconut drink was nice too, there’s a nice aroma too, I guess it’s roasted. That’s why it’s different from what we had in other kopitiam. My parents like it very much..
We had a great time there, worth to drive all the way from Pg Island...;p




10 comments:

allie said...

the hot pipping tom yam looks so great! I want I want!

swei said...

i wanna go..when wanan bring me there???

meiyi said...

i love khun thai !!
but i've only been once :(

email2me said...

OK DONE! Added to my hit list when I back to Penang next round. I am crazy of a piping hot Tom Yam on a rainy day.

simple life said...

I had been there too for my farewell party. I love the pandan chicken. Let's go there ^.^
~Jas~

shobs said...

been there,tom yams really great!!! they have fresh toddy too;p

Passionate Pei said...

allie:the tomyam is just so delicious('aroy mak mak'-in thai languange).
swei: U fix the date & let go tgt..
email2me: U shud go try it, u'll juz luv it..
Jas & shobs : I haven't tried the pandan chicken & the freshtoddy dish, i'll try it next..;)

Regina Travel said...

ah.... this is the damous place for thai food. I passed by there once but have yet to try it. lol

ck lam said...

Heard so much of this restaurant...the food sure sounds interesting. I like to visit this place too.

Passionate Pei said...

regina travel: You shud arrange & go 1 day, sure no regret..
cklam: if you r not sure of the place, feel free to call me..hehe..quite easy to find it..