Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Vintage Bulgaria Restaurant and Bar

It was the Penang Floggers 4th Gathering. I followed my friend to join them for the first time. Once we arrived, we were welcomed by all the friendly floggers. Started with ice-breaking session and had a good chat among the floggers around. We have opening speech by Alan, the organizer for this gathering & then we waited for a while for all the maincourse to come.
It was then all placed on the table & all camera were then focused on it. It’s a normal thing that floggers will take nice nice photos of the delicious food served.
The dinner started quite late, as usual started with soup, I had the Mushroom soup served with ‘vintage’ garlic bread. I actually like the signature garlic bread which has some cheese topping.
















There’s another option, the Seafood Soup- tasted like ‘sharkfin soup with slices of carrot’.
My maincourse came the last, coz of huge crowd; they missed my order for the traditional roasted Pork Djolan…The portion is real ‘giant’size...the first quarter of the meal, I enjoyed it…however, it tends to become a bit salty for me...
Thanks to Ken for the photos capture that night, coz my lousy camera cannot capture nice photos..Thanks a lot Ken..:)

Before the dessert came, we had cakes intro by Dennis Yeap from Winter Butterfly Homemade Cake, you can also order online thru this webpage:-http://dennisyeap.com..We tried Cream Cheese Mousse Cake, Oreo Cheese Cake and Chocolate Brownie..I like the Cream Cheese Mousse Cake amongst the 3...

And Gelatissimo came as well, we has the tasting session & I like the belgian chocolate, green tea and the mango. There were other flavours like berry piviova and rum & raisin as well. I was very very full then…

hmmm, end up I just had 3 scoops of my dessert - choc crème brulee..gosh, I felt so bad that I couldn’t finish it. The crème brulee was a bit too sweet for me…
Last came our coffee which has actually turned cold as the creamer and sugar unable to blend in it. I just had a sip or two of it only…


We enjoyed ourselves there, chatting with new friends there. Thanks to Alan.
And guess what, we were the last few to leave the restaurant.

9 comments:

meiyi said...

no pictures of yourself?
come on!!

Passionate Pei said...

ok ok..there u go..:p

Unknown said...

I am glad that you enjoy yourself in the gathering and hope to see you often. ^-^

New Kid on the Blog said...

Glad you enjoy... nice meeting you.

Steven Fan said...

Wahh..yummy yummy!! That restaurant is near by my house only.

Passionate Pei said...

You should go try out it yourself and c, if u haven't try before..;)

Big Boys Oven said...

wow u looked so satisfied with the food outing, must be really good!

buzzingbee said...

It was nice meeting you and mei yi. Glad you both have fun! :)

meiyi said...

hey buzzing bee..
nice knowning you too!
till we meet the next bloggers gathering :)